Thursday, January 5, 2012

(Many) Favorite Moments of 2011 in Photos

I didn't do a very good job at updating this website last year, so I'm just going to throw some (it's nearly 70) of my favorite photos from 2011 up in this one posting.  Wishing you clarity, joy, and perseverance in 2012.


Just one of many times feeding the outrageously aggressive.  It was on this trip a goose tried hopping into our car as we packed up to leave.




Still loving carnivorous plants.



Papa's 30-somethingth. 




Luke did a 10-mile hike up and down a mountain!  Aidan also did it!  (He was carried.)


Did you get a little wet there, buddy?  



Enjoying their grub.



At our favorite park.




"Sit next to your brother and smile, please."



Having the honor of watching one of our first "kids" getting married.  


My boys at the reception.




Going back to the town where we first lived as newlyweds, 
we got to see what those years tasted like once again at our old favorite restaurant.

Mmm....nostalgia. 



Another favorite place we visited in Seattle, a place to visit if you enjoy marzipan.



Still fantastic.



One long road trip with John Williams playing as we passed each of the Cascades was a grand memory.  Especially with my dear husband spouting off facts in his bass voice.




The last time I drove one of these I was eight and I ran straight into a tree.  I'm happy to report that my driving skills have greatly improved since then.

Luke's first experience with sparklers. 


Love this pic of Jay.

Aidan with a very sweet chicken.



Getting to know my dear cousins all over again, I'm so lucky to have them in my family!




3.


Remembering one of the most vocal and most present Grandparent figures in my life.

Saying goodbye, and making a nice forever place for her in my heart.


Look boys, it's my old front steps.  Shall we go inside?


Proof that the older you get, the more and more you act like your spouse.


My BD at Little Corona.



My men.


Look, seaweed!  Yum!

Look!  A jellyfish!

Very soon this season of life will be over.


Blackberry buddies.


Luke lost his first (and second) tooth this year.


 Getting to see our beloved seniors.

and so naturally we snuck over to one of our all-time favorite spots, Pannekin.


All powered up and ready to drive for another dozen hours or so.


As the plagues continued...

...we made faces like these.

This year included many different culinary adventures with dear friends.  This is an example of one of those adventures gone wrong, followed by tears of laughter and a huge bill.

Luke's first day of school.

He absolutely loves these huge sunglasses. 


This was the year I fell in love with Kasudama flower making.



Indoor Skydiving,  Age 5


My buddy.


Bubs visiting Disneyland for the first time.


Luke at Disneyland.  (My hands were too full to take any additional pictures.) 


Reading buddies.

Sweet Bubsie face.

Easter fun.

Brothers helping each other.


Mmm...chocolately.


Dinner right before the bocce games.


Visiting Grandma Vera's house for the last time- I'm kind of glad she wasn't there to see the boys doing their wrestling routine on her lawn.  

The same place where I spent many of my own early days picking camellias and running through the sprinkles.

A welcome February snow.

At Yosemite.



Enjoying the nice chilly walks.







Ready for fall.  We're still waiting for winter to arrive.



Super Mario.







The soapbox racer that Jay and Luke built together.



Aidan, always willing to help out brother.








Fun times.







2 comments:

  1. So fun! Thank you for sharing. I miss out on a lot of regular life stuff when I'm not on Facebook, so I always appreciate it when people blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I'm trying to be much better about updating here... Too many important ones not on Fb (which I myself am so sick of). :)

    ReplyDelete