Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bear Legs! Roarrrr...

I know it's winter and I wear nothing but pants, but I think it's time to shave my legs after the following conversation with Luke this morning:

"What is THAT?" Luke asks, pointing at my legs and crinkling up his nose.

"That right there? That's leg hair. I haven't shaved these legs in a while."

(But my armpits are nice and smooth. Always!)

"Oooooh, okay. That's yucky?"

"Well, it's not that yucky. It's natural, but here in America women shave."

"No. NO, mom. That's YUCKY!" He looks at me, gets eye-contact from about one foot away and makes sure I'm listening. He starts over-enunciating and speaking loudly to me at the same volume that some, um, not-so-brilliant older Americans speak to others who don't speak English.

"THAT'S. VERY. YUCKY!"

Okay, okay. I'll shave tomorrow. I have the flu.

Men.

(Update: I just shaved! Do I get a prize?)

5 comments:

  1. I just want to say that I had nothing to do with Luke's comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate shaving in the winter! I try to explain that you can't shave when you have goose bumps but he doesn't understand! I will go several days but when it starts getting caught on clothing I have to give in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaving over those darn bumps is the absolute worst! My way of rationalizing not shaving often in winter is that my legs will never, ever be seen and it's much better to feel a soft, hairy leg instead of prickly cactus legs all the time. Combined with the cold weather that stubble can morph into quills at lightening speed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your prize is that you get to shave again in a few days!

    ReplyDelete