Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Jelly Beans!

For the past few years I have gone through many different changes. I have gained (and LOST!) 35 lbs. I have been stretch-marked, kicked multiple times on the inside, and suffered from incontinence. I had my boobs balloon...and deflate...and balloon...and deflate. My feet are now half a size bigger. Hmph. One of the most annoying changes, even more irritating than those horrible events listed above, is the fact that my hair has changed color! This effects my makeup and my entire wardrobe. Not that I'm fancy or anything, but it's still a pain! Now that my hair is now, well, brown, I've had to figure out what I can and can't wear. For instance, now I can wear orange, but I really shouldn't wear black. It's all so annoying especially since my skin really is whiter than vanilla ice cream (I have melasma and so I stay out of the sun to prevent the ever-dreaded mustache tan). Thank goodness for blues and greens. There are certain colors that always look great with blue eyes. Phew.

I've been cleaning out my closet for weeks. A shirt that makes my eyes especially raccoon-like was donated here, shoes that no longer fit into my fat feet were given away as well, ALL maternity clothes to a friend (good riddance!), etc. I finally got motivated about making my closet a little more complimentary to the not-so-new hair color after my recent trip to the Banana Republic Outlet (that place is evil!) with Montessa. I only buy it if I absolutely love it!

That's a new policy.

My closet has been filling up with aquas, greens, and more shades of blue than I can describe at the moment. It's been fun, especially since the sales that are out there are insanely decent! My closet is getting there. But I still was missing something.

Ah, yes. Accessories! I know my wedding set is the ultimate accessory, but sometimes that's not enough. I've been wearing a lot of teether necklaces, but I'm craving more than that. Finally, I broke out of my shell. I've always been accessory-challenged, but I just couldn't resist this:


Look! It's basically all the colors I look good in these days! Isn't it great?


I got it from MySelvegedLife over on Etsy, which is an online marketplace that features all things homemade and glorious. Believe me, it is far more trouble than the BR Outlets, at least in my world! The real stinker with Etsy is that most everything is one of a kind and so you feel a little more pressure to buy if you see something you absolutely love. Sure, the seller could probably make another for you, but come on...you know it won't be exactly, exactly the same! The necklace that I bought is called "Jelly Beans" and I just knew I had to have it after (1) seeing all the pretty colors and (2) looking at Luke's reaction to seeing it. "What is that? Jelly Beans? I like that!"

So now it's mine! At least until the baby breaks it. It's fun to wear some real jewelry. I love my teething necklaces, but it's fun to wear something that's not made out of rubber and also something that goes with my hair!

It's okay that I'm not blonde anymore. These colors are way more fun, anyhow!

2 comments:

  1. Okay so what do your teething necklaces look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.smartmomjewelry.com/
    I have the one that looks like a black donut. I also have another one I got at Lola Butter's going-out-of-business sale that was amber and shaped like an upside-down balloon, but Luke misplaced that one. :(
    Those were great to wear!

    ReplyDelete